How to demonstrate value – Stage 1 Key to Legal Pricing.
By: Garth Brown | 30th May 2020
Legal practitioners, Conveyancers, lawyers:
Do clients really understand what you undertake on their behalf? The training, technology and experience required to cover unseen or potential property risks.
Conveyancing is a knowledge-based profession, established through many years of practical experience, professional development seminars and studies from recognized institutions.
Conveyancing knowledge and experience is the key to demonstrating value, how you are different from other Conveyancers & Lawyers.
How to Demonstrate Value?
Two ways to communicate value and stand out from other legal practitioners:
- A paid ‘Purchaser Client Pre-Contract Review’
- A paid ‘Vendor Client Telephone Interview’
Both will require a nominal fee to be paid upfront to provide a detailed report on what you cover, and potential issues disclosed or omitted from contract.
Possible items to address for a ‘Purchaser Client Pre-Contract Review’:
- Explain the issues around the Easements and Covenants on title in detail, can they be removed?
- Previous property use for Meth labs/smoking Meth, should a Meth Report be ordered?
- Property stigmatization: any murders, rapes, or demonic activity?
- Are all the structures Council approved?
- Any sleeping or proposed development applications that can affect the views and light from surrounding properties?
- Any contaminated land or underground fuel tanks?
- Any large Apartment special levies?
For a ‘Vendor Client Telephone Interview’:
Establish a set of questions for a telephone interview in order to understand your client’s needs and explain the value & knowledge demanded to comply for valid Contract Disclosure.
Following these stages will create an additional firm income stream and allow you to choose who you work for and spend your time with. Practitioner happiness is at stake.
Next Blog will discuss the next steps to pricing after demonstrating value & how to initiate Conveyancing Key Stage updates through Perfect Portal apps.
About the Writer
Garth Brown is an award-winning Conveyancer and founder of Brown and Brown Conveyancers based in Sydney. He is an AIC certified premium property specialist with 20 years experience in the Conveyancing Industry in NSW offering quality professional Conveyancing and property law services to his clients. Awarded Conveyancer of the Year 2015 he was also Runner-up Best NSW Conveyancer of the Year 2010 and 2012.
New release 2nd Edition eBook:
‘Step by Step Guide to a Successful Conveyancing Law Practice”